Last Wednesday, May 26, 2021, the Federal Council announced further easing of the COVID-19 pandemic. The fitness operators are also affected by the announced easing steps. IG Fitness Switzerland is pleased about the further relaxation for the operators of the fitness and health industry and has adapted the official protection concept with regard to this decision. This will come into force on May 31, 2021. Below you will find all the relevant changes that are also recorded in the protection concept.
Changes in the protection concept – From May 31, 2021
- In the protection concept, each studio must also state the name and contact details of a person who is responsible for compliance with the protection concept. This person must be available to the responsible authorities between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. in the 14 days after the event.
- Complete contact details must be collected (surname, first name, address and telephone number). As the operator, the fitness studios must also inform the people present that this data may be transmitted to the responsible cantonal authorities: If someone has had contact with people who have tested positive for Covid-19, they can be contacted in this way and sent to quarantine become.
- All objects and installations (especially the training equipment, sanitary facilities, door handles, railings, chair backs, etc.) should be disinfected regularly.
- It is recommended to provide closed rubbish bins for handkerchiefs and used hygiene masks, especially at the exit.
- The FOPH recommends that before visiting a fitness center, the customer carries out a quick test to clarify a possible illness in advance.
Space conditions / training location conditions
- Each center is required to calculate the maximum number of people present in the fitness center at the same time on the basis described above and to indicate this in the individual protection concept. These and all other measures (e.g. floor markings) must ensure that the distance between the trainees is maintained at all times when the training is carried out and that groups of more than 50 people are not formed.
Training areas (INDIVIDUAL TRAINING)
- Wearing a face mask can be dispensed with in large rooms if additional distance requirements and capacity restrictions apply and ventilation is guaranteed (areas of over 25m2 per person, i.e. ~ 5x5m, or 10m2 for quiet sports) or if a spit guard in the direction of exhalation ( 3-sided, from the floor to over body size) is ensured, the distance requirements may be adequately undershot.
Group fitness (GROUP TRAINING)
- In principle, the federal government’s regulation applies to the maximum size of a group of 50 people (including instructors) who must maintain the safety distance within their maximum range of motion and everyone must train with masks.
- Wearing a face mask can be dispensed with in large rooms if additional distance requirements and capacity restrictions apply and ventilation is guaranteed (areas of over 25m2 per person, i.e. ~ 5x5m, or 10m2 for quiet sports)
Wellness / Sauna
The specified capacity for the entire area is calculated using the formula 15m2 per person.
- Sauna / bath: The maximum occupancy of the respective area should be noted at the entrances and the occupancy capacity of the individual saunas and pools. The general distance specification of 1.5m also applies here. It is recommended to wear the mask until entering the sauna or pool.
- Rest rooms: The maximum number of occupants should be noted on the door. The loungers in the relaxation rooms should be placed 1.5m apart. It is recommended to wear a mask.
All further information about the COVID-19 update and the latest protection concept can be found by clicking on the button below.